Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Zombie Taco Salad


For tonight's dinner I made a Potter family favorite - even when it's NOT Halloween.

ZOMBIE TACO SALAD
& FRESH SALSA

Here's another yummy, easy dinner that you can make really fun for your kids.  You can make yours any way you like it.  Here's how I do mine:

First I crunch up a handful of tortilla chips at the bottom.  My family especially loves the Tostitos Multi-Grain chips.  They are YUMMY.  Next top with meat & beans.  I make my ground beef with taco seasoning & then add a jumbo can of pork and beans to it.  I know that sounds disgusting, but for some reason that's how I've always made taco salad & we love it.  I don't know where I learned that, but my kids won't eat it any other way.  Spoon that mixture onto the chips.  Next, top that with fresh salsa.  Add lettuce for your zombie hair/brains, cheese for the falling off skin, a tomato for the hungry mouth, 2 spoonfuls of sour cream for eyes, & olives for the center of the eyes.

Easy & it will make the kids smile.


Here's my favorite salsa recipe in case you want to try something new.  I got this recipe from my friend Christina in California & we make it CONSTANTLY.  We love it.

Mix together in a medium sized bowl . . .
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 fresh tomato diced
1/2 large purple onion, diced
1 packed of dry ranch dressing mix
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 avocados, diced
2 Tablespoons cilantro

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment