Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Happy Birthday Harry Potter

In the Potter house, we try to celebrate Harry Potter's birthday every year.  Our last name is Potter, so how could we not?  The kids decided they wanted to invite a few friends from church over to have a Harry Potter movie marathon so I thought, sure, this will be fun.  So I posted a little something on the  young women's facebook page (that's the girls ages 12-18 in our church congregation) saying to come watch 2 movies.  I went & bought some food to feed them lunch & make some butterbeers & popcorn while they watched.

Well, apparently word travels really fast here.  Not only did a lot of girls show up, but a TON of teenage boys from church showed up too.  Then I realized there were girls & boys from the other ward (congregation) here as well.  We had over 25 teens here for 5 hours.  Luckily, I ALWAYS over buy food for things like this.  I was lucky I did because these kids devoured my pantry.






Yes, it was a TON of kids.  Yes, it was a little crazy.  But you know what?  It was a blast.  My girls had fun.  We met TONS of new people who are now my kids' friends at their new school, & we are all happy.  What a great opportunity to meet people.  I'm SO glad the word got around & that so many kids showed up.  We had a blast.


No comments:

Post a Comment