Thursday, April 4, 2019

Mardi Gras

You know how much I love holidays.  ALL holidays, not just the big ones.  I love Mardi Gras.  I love the colors, the excitement, the parades, & the food.

This year I tried some new foods to celebrate.  I made Louisana bean soup (which everyone hated for some reason), dirty rice (everyone's favorite), & ALLIGATOR stew.  Yes, you read that right.  We ate alligator for Mardi Gras & it was FABULOUS.  The kids were SO terrified to try it, & all of them ended up loving it.









But the favorite part of Mardi Gras is the king cake.  Last year Lorien got the baby in her slice of cake, so she got to make the cake all by herself this year.  King cake is NOT easy to make, & she did a fabulous job making it by herself.  Didn't it turn out beautiful?



Canyon got the baby in his slice of cake so he will get to help me make the King Cake next year.



Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment