Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Pumpkin Carving

Since Halloween was cancelled due to COVID
(which was devastating to me)
we decided to go pick pumpkins at the pumpkin patch & carve pumpkins for fun.

The kids LOVED getting their hands all gooey & gross from the innards.  Taya & I helped everyone else (we both had already carved pumpkins a few times this season & decided that was enough for us) & I think everyone did a really great job.























After carving pumpkins, we decided to take the 180 full sized candy bars I had bought to hand out at our church & squadron trunk or treats to all the kids & teens we knew.  We hopped into the car & visited over 50 homes (it took us 4.5 hours ON Halloween night) to deliver them.  Because of COVID we couldn't actually sit & talk to anyone, but we at least got to give everyone a little piece of Halloween fun in the form of a full size candy bar.

It was just what my soul needed for the day.  It made me feel happy that I could give them some Halloween joy & it made my waist happy that I didn't have 180 candy bars beckoning me to eat them every second of the day.  Win/Win.  :-) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment