Thursday, February 10, 2022

Trek's 43rd Birthday

Happy 43rd Birthday to my sweetheart!

Trek & I have been married for almost 21 years.  Every year I hear him say, "Man, I wish I had one of the marzipan cakes they made me on my mission."  I've never been able to find one, though I look & look & look.  Now that we are in Germany again, I decided that I was going to hunt this cake down for him.  

I found a bakery in Northern Germany who made this marzipan cake that he loved so much on his mission.  They even used Lubeck Niederegger marzipan which is Trek's favorite brand of marzipan.  I had to figure out how to get that cake to me in Western Germany.  The bakery referred me to amazon & I was able to order it off their shop on Amazon.  Within 24 hours, they had handmade this cake, packaged it up, & shipped it to me overnight in a refrigerated box.  (And it didn't cost any more than a Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake!)

IT WAS GORGEOUS!



I swear I bought a "4" candle, but of course it completely disappeared so we had a ghetto 4 candles plus the "3" candle.


We ate his cake a day early because we were told to eat it within 24 hours.



Oh my goodness, it was delicious.  There was marzipan between the layers of sponge cake with some buttercream.  And then the whole cake was covered in marzipan fondant.




The next day we had Trek's birthday breakfast.  I made breakfast burritos with eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, veggies, cheese, & more.  He also wanted bacon, raspberries, & cupcakes.  It was yummy.





Trek got some fun new socks & clothes from my friend Nancy for his birthday.


He got a watchband & some saw blades from Mimi & Baba & then some money from his Grandma K.


We got him our new favorite game: Finca (if you haven't played Finca, go buy it.  It's fabulous!).
We also got him a chromecast, some wireless headphone adapters, & a bike shirt with a quote from his favorite book.


For his birthday dinner I made him some tortellini soup & homemade brotchen.



Happiest of birthdays my sweetheart.  I love you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment