Thursday, June 23, 2022

Bladen's 13th Birthday

Happy 13th Birthday to my sweet Bladen!

We have another teenager in our house!  13 is a big year for our kids.  Now he can read Harry Potter Books 4-7, watch PG-13 movies (YAY FOR MARVEL), & do teenager things like a later bedtime & other fun things.  We really celebrate #13.

For his birthday breakfast I made him biscuits & gravy, pears, bacon, & a ding dong . . . his favorite breakfast.







Cadence joined us via Facetime.



Bladen got some amazing clothes from my friend Nancy.  He loves the clothes & shoes she sends him for his birthday each year.  She is such a special person in our lives.  We wish she could be there to spend these celebrations with us.


Opa & Oma gave him an amazing Zelda switch controller.


We got him a bunch of Doctor Who things.  He loves Doctor Who & Zelda.


For his birthday dinner, I made him taco salad & cantalope.



And Tony came by our house to celebrate as well.  He loves to celebrate our kids' birthdays with us.


Bladen is my quiet kiddo.  He asked me if it was ok to just have a family party this year rather than a party with friends.  He wanted a Zelda/Doctor Who party which was a strange request, but I did my best.

I made him a Doctor Who cake which he loved.



And then I hung some Zelda decorations around the table as well.










For his "party" we had a family celebration making sonic screwdrivers with clay.  Bladen was SO excited.










It was a simple party, but with LOTS of celebrating.  Bladen ended up reading Harry Potter 4 in a matter of days & we watched the movie the next weekend.  And now we spend every Friday night watching Marvel movies from the very beginning.  It's been a load of fun.

Happy Birthday Bladen.  We love you so much & are so proud of the young man you are becoming.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment