Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Mardi Gras 2021

Mardi Gras landed the same week as Chinese New Year & Valentine's Day.  It was a whole week of fun celebrations.

Our family tradition is making a king cake.  My kids LOVE king cake & it's always a fun project to make with me.  Each year whomever makes the cake hides the little baby in one slice & the person who gets the baby gets to make the cake the next year.  Cadence got the baby in her slice last year so she made the cake this year.


And what would Mardi Gras be without Cajun food?  This year we did dirty rice with creole green beans.  I made them quite spicy so we had tears falling down our faces as we ate them, but they were delicious.


Cadence was so cute making the cake this year.  She did it all by herself with no help.  She's really become quite the baker.  I was proud of her.


And of course, I wound up with the baby.  I guess I get to make the cake next year.  Maybe I'll recruit some helpers to help me so I don't have to do it alone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment