Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Valentines Day 2021

Happy Valentine's Day from the Potter house!

For breakfast I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls.


The kids were pretty bummed that they wouldn't be in school for Valentine's Day so we spent a week decorating boxes around the house to use as Valentine mailboxes.  Then we each made Valentines for each other & put them in the mailboxes.  I also snuck in some yummy treats for the kids.


Canyon used his box to paint random pictures all over it.


Craiger of course put together a pretty out of this world SPACE mailbox.


Bladen impressed me with his Minecraft TNT skills.


And Taya painted an adorable Among Us character for her mailbox.


Lorien painted a Minecraft chest for her box.


After we exchanged valentines, we ate a pink/red themed dinner of heart shaped pizzas, watermelon, heart shaped jello, 


a beautiful savory charcuterie board of reds & pinks


and a gorgeous sweet charcuterie board for dessert.
I'm still learning the art & skill of charcuterie boards, but I was really happy at how 
beautiful both the boards turned out.

And they were DELICIOUS.


Later that night, we got a surprise knock on our door.  Two of Lorien's friends stopped by dressed up in ties & put on a Valentine show for my girls.  They had a strobe light & disco ball going while they lip synched & danced a full choreographed number to "I Would Walk a Hundred Miles."  They also gave the girls a box of chocolates to enjoy.

And THAT my friends is how you teach your kids to do Valentine's RIGHT.
What sweet boys.  My girls loved it.  This simple act made them feel like a million bucks.  It let them know that they were thought of on Valentine's Day.  Goodness I love those 2 boys.  A big thank you to them for totally making our night!



Happy Valentine's Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment