Friday, March 25, 2022

Craiger's 11th Birthday Party - Harry Potter

Happy 11th birthday to this cutie pie.  I can't believe Craiger is already 11 years old.

For his birthday breakfast he chose breakfast burritos, bacon, bananas, & cupcakes.






My friend Nancy sent him all sorts of Gryffindor things.  He was in Harry Potter heaven.


Opa & Oma sent him a super cool Pikachu switch controller.  He LOVES it.


Mimi & Baba sent him some earphones & a wireless mouse.


Trek & I (& the kids) got Craiger a binder for his pokemon cards & a trainer set to teach him how to play the pokemon card game.  He's been collecting for a very long time, but still didn't know how to play the game.  Now he can officially learn.



For his special birthday dinner he requested cheesy potato soup with German brötchen.


I've been SO excited about his 11th birthday party because that is always the Harry Potter birthday party.  It's always extra fun & special & the kids get really excited.

We had 5 friends come over to celebrate with Craiger & we let them walk through Platform 9 3/4, get a wand from Ollivander, go to potions class, then watch HP 1 while enjoying HP snacks from the trolley.










Craiger asked me to dress up like Professor McGonagall which is always fun.


Trek was in charge of handing out the wands.



Potions class was the favorite.  I think all kids love to watch things explode.



They all enjoyed watching the movie together.  I brought the trolley of chocolate frogs & other goodies to them when Harry & Ron sat together on the train in the movie.  They all played with the Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans & gave them (& 1 kid threw up eating a vomit bean), then they finished the movie & made their way back downstairs for lunch & cake.



I opted to make all sorts of fun HP cakes for Craiger, but all he wanted was a plain ice cream cake.  Sounds good to me.  I can buy that at the store & save hours of time (even though I do love decorating cakes).  He LOVED his cake.



After cake we opened presents & then let the kids play quidditch in the back yard.  It was a great party.  Craiger was happy, I was happy . . . it was the most magical birthday yet.

Happy birthday sweet boy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment