Sunday, March 20, 2022

February Happenings

February flew by this year.  It always does because it's always a busy month full of birthdays.  But it's always a fun one.

Trek & I love the little diner in our village.  They make the best burgers & the yummiest chocolate lava cake in the world.  I LIVE for that cake.  It's SO good.  It was nice to get out on a date with Trek this month.


As always, I enjoy painting here & there when I have a minute to myself.  I painted a few things this month.


Chinese New Year was in February.  We had fun teaching the kids how to eat with chopsticks while we enjoyed rice, sweet & sour chicken, stir fry, & moon pies.



I've been teaching the kids in Primary (ages 3-11) all the books of the Old Testament in order this year for church.  I'm amazed at how well these children learn these difficult names.  I made a fun jenga style game to help them learn it & they LOVE it.  Some of my youngest kids were able to built the tower 39 book names tall all by themselves.  I was impressed.


Mardi Gras also hit in the middle of February & you all know I love a good holiday.  Creole green beans, red beans & rice with spicy sausage, & of course king cake for dessert.  It's one of my favorite holidays.





Canyon was SO excited to get the baby in his piece of cake this year.  He gets to make the cake next year.




Cadence sent me some pictures from college this month too.  She attended a formal dance there & was able to buy a new dress.  She looked beautiful & had a great time with her roomates.




And Taya had a fun project for her science class where she had to build an iron atom.  She spent hours bending the wire & glueing the pieces onto it.  She did a great job.




 It was a great month.  February is always one big party at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment