Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Mason's Taste The World

Trek & I found an amazing restaurant here in Kaiserslautern!  It's called "Mason's Taste the World."  Basically you pay a flat rate per person (29 Euro each) & you are given a tablet with all 27 items on their menu.  Each item comes from a different country from around the world.  The first shift of the night is from 5-7pm & the second shift is from 8-10 so you must make reservations for one or the other.

A timer starts on your tablet & every 6 minutes you get to press/order another dish to eat.  You can eat up to 20 dishes over the course of 2 hours.  Once your two hours are up, it's time to leave so they can prepare for the 2nd shift of the night.

I swear we watched that timer like hawks.  After about 10 courses, I thought I might explode, but was determined to keep eating because I wanted to try everything.  Apparently, most people come & eat 5-8 courses & call it good for the night.  We didn't.  We, for some reason, thought we had to eat through all 20 courses. . . so we did . . . (& we didn't eat for 2 days afterward!).  I actually died out at course 13.  I was going to throw up if I tried to put any more food in my mouth, but Trek held out through it all.  Here's the kicker, you can stop ordering at anytime during your 2 hours, but if you order & don't eat what you order, you're charged 2 Euro per plate.  That's their way of making you not waste food which is fantastic.

It was amazing.  I loved everything I ate.  My favorites were the Thai red curry, the Australian Pavlova dessert (anything from the Australia menu was fabulous), & the French salted caramel ice cream.  But seriously.  It was ALL good.  I highly recommend this as an adventurous date night & will definitely go back for more fun & food.

You'll laugh at the pictures, we go from smiling & excited to painfully shoving food into our mouths.  It's kind of hilarious to see.  Next time (since we've now tried everything on the menu), we'll only get what our stomachs "should" be able to eat.


Hawaiian rice noodles with chicken.


Australian sweet potato fries with special sauce (tasted like greek yogurt & taco seasoning)


Mango Sticky Sweet Rice Eggrolls with coconut milk sauce


Here's where I was starting to fill up. . .

Lachs (left) & Australian bacon roll (right)



African yogurt (DIVINE)


French salted caramel ice cream & American carrot cake (carrot cake?  Really?  Of all the foods you could pick from America, they serve carrot cake!)


Raclette from Switzerland


My delicious virgin pina colada


Australian bacon roll - a meat patty wrapped in cheese, wrapped in ham, wrapped in bacon, & sprinkled with BBQ potato chips.


Moroccan Chicken Wings


Australian Pavolova (my favorite food of the night)


Peruvian corn cake with ham & cheese baked on top


Thai red curry


Australian potato dippers - potato wedges topped with pulled pork & sweet coleslaw


Rigatoni from Italy


The Nomad Burger from Africa - this was AMAZING.  I have no idea what kind of meat it was (I probably don't want to know), but it had delicious fried onions, something green that I couldn't figure out, & a spicy mayo sauce on a BLACK bun.


Mango & sticky rice eggroll with coconut milk sauce


Austrian pancake


Another Australian bacon roll (we liked this one a lot)


You can tell Trek is starting to get too full here.  He's still going, but it's getting harder.


This he taps out.  Holy cow!  "HOW IS THIS GOING IN MY BELLY?"

The Australian potato dippers (left) & Vietnamese rice rolls



The timer of doom.  Every time it hit 0:00 we'd frantically order something else.  When we hit 14, 15, 16 we dreaded that 0:00


This eggroll is NOT fitting in my stomach


Then he ordered the African yogurt.  Trek HATES yogurt.  I don't know what possessed him to do it.  He hates yogurt, was full to the brim ready to puke, & he orders YOGURT!



Yep, that did it for him.  Luckily #19 & #20 for him was carrot cake & ice cream.


French salted caramel ice cream.


 Seriously this was an amazing experience.  We will definitely be doing this again & taking friends with us next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment