Thursday, December 7, 2023

It's FINALLY HERE!!!

After having an "expected date of June 25" on our household good shipment, we finally received it on August 18, almost 2 months late.  This whole move was such a mess from start to finish that I was SO happy to just have my things again. . . to sleep on a REAL bed (for the first time since May 1st).  The kids started school 3 days later so I had 3 days to get their clothes & school things unpacked & set up. . . & boy was I excited to FINALLY have my kitchen things so I could cook again.







Of course, moving day would be complete without some sort of adventure.  As the packers were pulling boxes out of the crates, somehow one of them left a crate lid propped up against the truck & as Trek was crossing off numbers of boxes, the crate lid fell over on top of him.  He put his hand up just in time to save it from hitting his head, but a nail from the crate lid when straight through his hand & ripped it between his pinky & ring fingers.  Blood gushed everywhere (we now have a bloody driveway).  When he showed me, it looked like his pinky was hanging to the side because of where it ripped through his hand.  Ugh.


Still being brand new to the neighborhood, we had to knock on a neighbor's door & ask if he'd be willing to take Trek to the hospital so I could continue working with the movers at the house.  Sweet Bob was more than willing to help.


After a few stitches, his hand was as good as new.  I was amazed at how small the injury actually was.  It was sliced through at just the right place that I was worried he might lose his pinky seeing it hang like it did, but once it was stitched up, there was barely even a cut.  Our bodies are so weird & amazing.  Thank heavens for doctors who work their magic.




Hooray for being able to officially MOVE IN!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment