Tuesday, August 23, 2022

July 2022 Happenings

Once the big family adventure was over & Lorien was enjoying her time in the states, life slowed down just a little bit at our house.  We were able to really enjoy some fun things in July.

The boys had a few sleepovers with friends before they moved which meant the world to them.  Being a military kid is hard.  Friends are always going, but new ones always come too.



Living where we do never gets old.  I was making dinner & looked out my back window to find some goats in our yard.  I immediately dropped what I was doing & went outside to play with them.  I helped them out of our gate & onto the trail behind our house.  I had fun feeding them & petting them for a good half hour before going back to making dinner.  I love living here.



Bladen also had to say goodbye to one of his best friends.  The last day he was here, the boys all went & did an escape room together.  They escaped & LOVED every minute of it.


The last week of July, Lorien & Taya got a chance to go to FSY (a youth camp for our church) about 3 hours from us here in Germany.  They spent 6 days learning about our Savior, having dances, doing service, & more.  They loved every second of it.



And of course, our July was full of more bike rides & family runs.  Germany is just too beautiful to NOT be outside 24/7.



Cadence started a job at Popeye's & has worked there for 2 months now.  They needed summer help & she needed to earn some money for her mission & for college so it was perfect for her.  Her last day is September 1st, & then she gets ready to leave for her mission in Mongolia.  We've enjoyed hearing all her stories every night.  Who knew Popeye's had so many hilarious stories?


I turned a whopping 41 in July. . . it was a little depressing (I hate getting older), but it was a good birthday.  I took the girls clothes shopping for school & found this cute Mickey Mouse dress in the kids section & couldn't help myself.  It was calling my name.  It was my birthday present to me.



We also had lots of baking nights, smores nights, & hot fudge sundae nights.  I just love summer vacation.



And for the most of July we practically lived at the swimming pool.  I honestly think that pool is my favorite part of summer here.  It's close enough we can walk, we have a year pass & go every single day for hours, & we have a blast.  Craiger & Canyon were in swimming lessons this summer with a German instructor whom they adored.  Now that school has started again, I miss the pool.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment