Thursday, February 9, 2023

Date Night


We had a fabulous date night with the kids this month.

Trek took Canyon out for some one on one fun.  They went to Taco Bell on base & ate the MESSIEST bean burritos you've ever seen.  ;-)


Then they got some ice cream at Baskin Robbins & went home to watch Phineas & Ferb together.



Bladen was my date for the month.  He chose our favorite little Mexican food restaurant & we enjoyed being together talking about school, friends, & family.

We ordered homemade lemonade & soon realized there was NO sugar added.  I couldn't drink it.  I got about 1/4 of the way through my cup & just couldn't do it.  Bladen on the other hand drank the entire glass. 

I got 3 tacos & Bladen got a bean burrito with about an inch of cheese melted on top.  That kid can eat like 10 people.  He ate the entire thing, the whole basket of chips & salsa, & even ate some of mine.  I kept telling him he should stop or he'll get sick, but he was HUNGRY.



We totally enjoyed our time together, then went home & watch Jurassic World.  Then it hit him.  He ate way too much & the poor kiddo just threw up the rest of the night.  He said it was worth it though, silly boy.

I love these little dates that I get to spend with my kids.  I love talking with them, learning more about them, & seeing them grow & develop into wonderful humans.  Bladen is becoming such a wonderful young man.  He makes me proud & I love him.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment