Thursday, February 9, 2023

January 2023 Happenings

January flew by with all the many things we had to accomplish during the month.  It was a lot of catching up after our big trips as well as cleaning up after Christmas.  But we enjoyed it.

We've loved hearing from Cadence once a week from Mongolia.  She's had many adventures, but is thriving there.  Her language skills improve every day & she absolutely LOVES the people, loves teaching English, & just loves the country.


I managed to get my hair done in January & my friend decided it was time for a change.  I've never had dark hair in my life so it was fun to play with darker colors.  I've really enjoyed this color.


We spent a lot of January painting mini-figures.  Bladen got about 60 for Christmas, & I got an airbrush gun so we've had a lot of fun learning new painting techniques.  I love that Bladen's friend's are really into it too so that we can all paint together.





I taught our youth group how to sew buttons, holes, & how to hem pants/skirts one night in January.  I made these cute cupcakes to give the girls after my lesson.  They turned out really cute.


The boys had a fun day with friends at the adventure park where they played on the ninja warrior course.  I didn't realize how strong Craiger is.  He & Canyon both had a blast.







Trek has been working on updating his mini-cooper.  Mimi & Baba got him some LED lights for behind his wheels.  He has spent hours learning how to remove the old lights (that were boring) & install these new brighter lights.  It's been a good project for him.



And as always, the sunsets in Germany are beautiful.  We are truly going to miss them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment