Day 2 of our cruise started with sleeping in. There are definitely advantages to not having a window in your room. We slept in & it felt wonderful.
As we explored the ship, the room attendant always left our towels folded into the cutest little animals so I got lots of pictures of those.
We ate breakfast in the dining hall as a family, then headed over to 2 trivia games. The first was commercial trivia & it ended up being HILARIOUS. They found random commercials from around the world & would play the first 15 seconds of it & we had to guess what it was a commercial for. We did terribly, but laughed SO hard when we'd find out what they were for. The 2nd trivia game we went to was a Michael Jackson trivia game. We thought we'd be pretty good at that one, but we were wrong. We got a few of the answers correct, & we were proud of those few.
After that we wandered down the mall area of the ship . . .
where they were having a "Battle of the Sexes" game show, & of course, they picked me as the "mom" on the female team. It was SO embarrassing, but my kids were there cheering me on the entire time & that was cute. I made the worst paper airplane you've ever seen & totally lost that round for our team. But we rocked the number challenge (where I lead each person on where to stand) & the hula hooping (we had a 4th grade hula hoop champion on our team.). There were a few other challenges, but overall the boys ended up winning. But it was cute & it was fun having the whole family cheering me on.
Video: Battle of the Sexes - Dani's Paper Airplane FAIL
After the game show, we all split up to do what we wanted. Some of us went surfing/boogie boarding, some went on water slides. I walked around the garden & had some ice cream on the pool deck while I watched the kids. I ate lunch at the Mediterranean place. I ate there a lot. It was delicious! I got the greek bowls with rice, chicken, veggies, & tzatziki sauce. Yum.
Videos: Boogie Boarding & Surfing - Trek & Taya
After hanging out in the sun for a bit, we all went & took some naps which was heavenly. After naps, Taya, Craiger, & I attended a Latin dancing workshop which was fun, then we headed to a Harry Potter trivia game. We totally rocked it. We took 2nd place! It was pretty awesome.
After trivia, we went back to our rooms to dress up for our "formal night" dinner. We were celebrating Trek's retirement from the Air Force, our 25th anniversary, & Taya's graduation. The whole family dressed up, including Trek's parents & brothers. It was so nice.
Dinner was delicious (the squash soup was SO GOOD). We talked about our many adventures in the air force & during our marriage. Oma brought little American flags for the table & Air Force napkins which was so cute. It was a lovely night with lots of amazing food.
Video: Anniversary Dinner
After dinner, we changed into regular clothes & met up on the pool deck to enjoy ice cream & board games.
We played a LOT of chameleon. It was kind of hilarious because Opa & Oma just didn't quite understand the rules. The kids were teaming up with them trying to help which was so cute. I loved it when Opa said, "I don't know what you're talking about. There aren't any numbers on the card, just a lizard!" We died laughing. He was the chameleon that round. I love playing games with family.
We all went to bed around 10:30. Day 3 would also be a day at sea so we were ready for more fun on the ship.




No comments:
Post a Comment