Monday, August 31, 2026

Taya's Missionary Farewell


Taya's farewell fell in between performances of Canyon's play.  It was a CRAZY week.  But it all turned out beautifully.  We had the married kids all come over on Saturday night (after 2 play performances) & sleep over so we could all be there bright & early together on Sunday morning.


We woke up early & practiced the FSY Medley song we planned to sing.  We invited all of Taya's friends to come up & sing with us & we were hoping we'd get a good number of singers up there.  But we practiced just as a family too to make sure we could carry the song on our own if we needed to.



Her farewell was beautiful.  She gave a beautiful talk & we had TONS of her friends come up & sing with us.  It was one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard in my life.  I was bawling as I played the piano for it.  I'm so happy with how it all turned out.


Click here to listen to Taya's Farewell talk:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nbB4bfXZQWMsJKQV6X-HqNdCiDdete3q/view?usp=sharing


Click here to listen to the song we sang at Taya's Farewell:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16gX9JKLdPOGBMZSrfZJEgtUHku6tc5j0/view?usp=sharing 


After church we had everyone come to our house for desserts & visiting.









It was a wonderful day full of family & friends.  After everyone left, we had a fun little family smore campfire & enjoyed our time together as a family.  I cherish these moments we are together.







Congratulations Taya, you're going to be a great missionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment