Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Cadence Update - November 20th, 2022

Сайн Бацгаана уу!


How is everyone doing this week? Today marks the end of my 9th week at the MTC! It has been such a long time, but I feel so blessed to be here. I have already grown into such a different person just from being here. I feel more productive, more diligent, and more enthusiastic about everything. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much with strength to push forward each day, even when the days blend together or become tedious. I am so thankful for this opportunity!

Nothing very exciting has happened this week. We didn't get a chance to teach in Helping Others this week because our investigator is going out of town for the Holidays. We did get the opportunity to attend a "Arriving at the field" devotional this week because next week's Thanksgiving plans were interfering with our typical 'leaving the MTC' schedule. In the devotional, we watched an adorable play put on by acting students at BYU. The play depicted what arriving in our mission field would look like with some added in musical numbers to remixes of "Called to Serve" and "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission." It was the most entertaining thing I've seen in the last 9 weeks and the acting students did such a good job. It wasn't super informational but it was fun to watch and enjoy. Going to that devotional reminded me of just how soon we will be leaving. We still have a week and a half but after being here for so long, that feels like such a short time.

Speaking of leaving the MTC, we were supposed to get our reassignments yesterday, but nobody in our district received any. We also didn't get our visas. That could either mean that they expect to have all of our visas within the next few days or that we are potentially getting extended another week, so we would leave the MTC around December 8th. Either way, Heavenly Father has a plan for our district and it will turn out how it is supposed to. I am excited to see where we will all end up, but I would really love to be able to fly to Mongolia with everyone in the district. Reassignments would also be so fun, even if we all get seperated. I am so excited for what lies ahead!

Our district went and did baptisms at the temple today which was such a blessing! It was so fun to help serve so many people on the other side of the Veil. I love the temple so much! I feel so much peace when I am in the temple because I know that it is the Lord's house on Earth. I am going to miss the temple when we go to Mongolia, but hopefully we are able to pave the way for a temple to be built there. I would love for the people to finally have an easily accessible temple to do work in and make covenants in. Our covenants with God are so important and they have truly blessed my life for the better. Because of the covenants I've made in the temple, I feel more peace and joy in my life. I receive more guidance and assurance from the Holy Ghost and through my covenants, Christ has lifted my burdens so that I could overcome them easier. I would not be the person I am today without my covenants and promises with God. If you would like to also feel these blessings and don't know where to start, my email is open. Ask me anything!

Speaking of Christ, we are approaching the Holiday Season soon! I love Christmas time because it is a time dedicated to celebrating Jesus Christ and serving others. I always feel so much joy and peace at this time. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has a wonderful program called "Light The World," where we have the opportunity to serve people everyday of December leading up to Christmas. I encourage you all to check it out with this link: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/comeuntochrist . I love "Light the World" because it reminds us of what the Christmas season should be about: loving as Christ loved. Jesus Christ is our light and we all have His light inside of us. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want us to share this light with everyone. I promise you that if you share your light with others through serving them, then you will feel God's love and light more in your life.

One scripture that really touched me this week was Alma 26: 27.

27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

After reading this verse, I wrote in my study journal - "This scripture could have helped me a lot in college. It is important to always take the next step forward, even when you are depressed, lonely, confused, or suffering. Taking the next step shows your faith and your diligence. The Lord will give us opportunities to have patience and long-suffering, and taking the next step is the only way we can overcome it with the Lord's help. The Lord will help and He is always there. We must take responsibility for overcoming our struggles and Heavenly Father will take care of our shortcomings." 

My favorite book shares a quote similar to this verse. 

"The most important step a man can take is always the next one" - Brandon Sanderson

I promise you that if you continue to push forward, even when you feel like giving up,  you will make it because the Lord is on your side. He loves you so much and He will help you. I know that if you pray to Him, He will be on your side. 

Sorry that this email was so focused on my doctrinal findings this week but I felt like someone needed to hear this message. Maybe I am the one who needed to hear it. The Spirit works in mysterious ways. I love you all and if you are struggling with anything or want to know more about anything, please let me know and I will get back back you. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Potter

P.S. Really random Монгол fact of the week: In Mongolia, if you repeat a word but begin the word with "m" it is a colloquial way of saying "noun and stuff" (e.x. Pizza Mizza means Pizza and stuff).



Our Mongolian wrestler mascot (credit to Ахлагч Күнзлэр and Ахлагч Бавдэн)

We finally got a good picture with the Mongolian Flag!



No comments:

Post a Comment