Friday, December 13, 2019

Burg Lichtenberg Medieval Weihnachtsmarkt

So by now you know how much I love Christmas Markets & how I have a need to visit as many as I possibly can. . . so after we got home from our trip. . . 2 days in Europa Park plus 2 hours in France exploring, I made my family put their suitcases in the entryway & we hopped in the car for ONE MORE Christmas market (that makes 6 in one week for me)!  This one we had to go to because it was only for 2 days & I didn't want to miss it.

Burg Lichtenberg is the castle by our house that we got our Harry Potter pictures taken at & where I had my piano recital.  I love that castle so much, so to know they were doing a medieval Christmas market for one weekend only, I knew we had to go see it.


It was SO COOL.  It wasn't a typical Christmas market with modern goods. . . this was a medieval market that sold weapons, renaissance clothing, oils & old fashioned foods.  It was SO interesting & unique.


There were lots of little places that kids could do things like an archery field where they could practice shooting bows & arrows.


Everywhere you looked, people were dressed in medieval costumes & were speaking in different accents.  The kids loved it.




Taya especially loved the live animal pen in the center of the castle.


There was an amazing fire juggler too.




And there's just something to be said about the magic of a castle lit up on a German hillside at dusk.  We are SO blessed to live in this beautiful area.


We had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment