Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Piano Recital - Burg Lichtenberg

As you all know, I'm a music teacher & my favorite thing in the entire world is to teach people how to play piano.  I've taught piano now for 23 years which seems crazy to me.  Time flies.  
The last few years, I've only taught my own kids because we seemed to be moving so much, but now that we're in one place for a few years, I decided to teach other students again.  There are not many piano teachers here so my slots filled up within minutes of advertising & I have a waiting list of almost 30 kids.  It's crazy.

I have 14 students right now. . . 6 are my own kids & 8 are other students in other villages around me.  I love it because I have brand new beginners & advanced players.  It makes teaching SO MUCH FUN.

For my first recital, we did a Christmas recital at Burg Lichtenberg (the castle where we got our Halloween pictures taken.).  They were SO kind to let me rent out their concert hall on the top floor of the castle.  YES, my piano recital was INSIDE A CASTLE.  It was SO cool.



The kids all did such a wonderful job.  Be sure to click on the links to the videos of each of my kids playing.  I'm only posting my own kids, but all 14 of my students did a fabulous job.  It's really a scary thing to get up there & play a really hard song while people are watching.  Naturally we are going to make mistakes, but we go on & do the best we can.  They did amazing.  I was SO proud of them.















They all dressed up in Christmas wear (ugly sweaters, red, green, santa hats, etc.).  I gave each of my girl students music pendants & all the boys music ties.  It was a blast & I can't wait to do it again this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment