Tuesday, December 10, 2019

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I finally convinced my family that we should put up the Christmas tree BEFORE Thanksgiving this year.  It's always been an unspoken rule that the tree only goes up after Thanksgiving, but we were taking a family trip over Thanksgiving & by the time we got back it would already be December 1st.  So, we put the tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving.

We love putting the tree up.  There are SO many memories on our Christmas tree.  There are ornaments made in school, bought the year each kid was born, handmade ornaments, & ornaments that celebrated events that happen in our lives as a family.  It's our family memory tree.  We love it & spend hours unwrapping & talking about each ornament & the memory it brings along with it.


Cadence was especially into decorating this year.  She told me afterward that next year is her last year decorating the tree with the family so she really wanted these last two years to be meaningful to her.  I don't know what I'm going to do when these kids grow up & leave the house.  I'm already missing Cadence & we still have a year & a half left.  I love my kids so much.



This year it was Bladen's turn to put the angel on the top of the tree.  He climbed the big ladder & put it on even though he was scared to death he was going to fall.  Dad was there to keep him grounded & safe & he enjoyed putting the final touch on our tree.





The season has begun. . . Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment