Friday, December 13, 2019

December Magic

There's just something magical about December & everything that comes with it.  I look at our beautiful Christmas tree & am SO thankful for all that I've been blessed with over the years.


We had a church Christmas party & the kids got to visit with Santa.  My kids are so funny.  They always ask Santa to "surprise them."  He always does & they always love it.





And on December 5th, we got a very magical visit from Saint Nikalous.  In Germany Saint Nikalous visits the good children & fills their shoes with fruit, chocolates, & nuts.  My kids washed their shoes really really well & put them next to the door & sure enough, Saint Nikalous visited them with chocolate santas, kinder eggs, an apple & orange, & a bag of peanuts.


All of which they demolished & devoured in seconds.


I absolutely love sharing German traditions & holidays with my kids.  It's so important for my kids to learn the language, customs, foods, & culture of the area we live in.  We love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment