Friday, December 13, 2019

Weihnachts Party

So I'm the Squadron Spouse Group Leader here at our squadron in Germany.  As the spouse group leader I plan family parties & monthly activities for our Spouses.  One party I've really been looking forward to is the kids Christmas party.  I wanted it to be German tradition oriented so we made it a Weihnachts Party & we made sure to do it on December 5th which is the night Saint Nikalous visits.

I didn't take very many pictures because I was trying to run the evening, but it was a big success & we had a lot of fun.  We had balloon games & a karaoke machine playing German Christmas music at first, & then Saint Nikalous came to visit & took all the kids on a walk through to forest to search for treasure (chocolate coins).  When they came back, Saint Nikalous had made bags of chocolate, nuts, & fruit for each of them.  We then served some hot chocolate & let the kids do 3 Christmas crafts, build gingerbread houses, & then had dinner which were brats on Brotchen rolls & German potato salad.  It turned out really really well & I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves.










Craiger spent a LOT of time on his gingerbread house & it turned out beautiful.  I was very proud of him.





The whole night was a blast & I'm really grateful I was given the opportunity to do this party.  I had the help of another wonderful spouse who has become like family to me.  I'm looking forward to many more parties in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment