Wednesday, May 19, 2021

March & April Happenings

There's always a bunch of pictures that I find at the end of the month that show some of the smaller things we did that month for fun.  I'm combining March & April since I'm so far behind on my blog.  Not a lot happened those months due to be in stricter lockdown here in Germany, but we did manage do have some fun enjoying some sunshine & family time.

As always, walks, hikes, & bike rides are how we've spent most of our time during this year & half lockdown.  We love the beautiful countryside here.



Trek & I managed to get away one Saturday & visit a castle ruin together.  We're helping with a youth camp this summer & wanted to show the leadership of the camp some of the fun things to do in the area where they reserved cabins.  This castle hike is one of our favorites.





Taya has really enjoyed doing weekly young woman activities even if they have to be COVID friendly.  Once week, each of the girls chalk bombed another girl's driveway with pictures & notes telling them how wonderful they were.  Taya is my artist so she loved painting her friend's driveway & sidewalk.



Another fun virtual activity the youth did was "When Life Gives You Lemons!"
Each girl was given 1 lemon & they could do whatever they wanted to with their lemon.  They took pictures & shared what they did over a zoom call.

Lorien baked an incredible lemon pound cake with lemon icing.



Taya made some funny lemon art with her lemons.


And Cadence, busy studying for AP exams & applying for scholarships, simply made herself a tall glass of lemonade.  I love how each of my girls did something totally different that showed their personalities.


Cadence got this shirt for Easter this year & can't get enough of it.  It's from her favorite book series.  I've read that book series & this shirt is HILARIOUS if you understand what it is.



Canyon spent the ENTIRE month of April doing a research project on Denmark.  HOURS after school, we sat together looking up foods, customs, maps, flags, stories, etc.  He put all his findings together into a beautiful poster made all by himself.  He was very proud.



Trek was TDY to Mississippi for part of April.  I was home holding down the fort (& keeping the kids alive & busy) while he lived it up in the sunshine by the beach.  I'm glad he got to get away for a little while.  He had a lot of fun even though it was a work trip.






And the high school had a LOT of "spirit days" this month.  The girls had fun dressing up for them.

Cadence enjoyed dressing up like a "senior citizen" (all the seniors had to dress up).





And Lorien's favorite day was "athletes vs. mathletes!"
She was a MATH-LETE.


The highlight of April for me was Cadence & I being able to get our first COVID-19 vaccine.  One shot down, one to go.  I am proud to protect not only myself, but my family, & my community too.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment