Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Disneyland Paris - Day 1

Happy 20th Anniversary to Trek & I.  I can't believe we've been married for 20 whole years.  I've been married to Trek longer than I've lived my life without him.  That's crazy.  He has officially been with more for more than half of my life.

For our 20th anniversary, he planned a big trip for us.  Cadence (being 18) stayed home & watched the kiddos for 3 days while we drove to Paris to go to Disneyland.  (Does my sweetheart know me well or what?).  We spent 3 days & 2 nights in the new Marvel Hotel right next to the parks & enjoyed all the perks of a Disney Vacation including early entry into the parks, an awesome hotel, 3 days with park hopper passes & more.  I was in heaven.

The new New York Hotel (Marvel Themed) is pretty awesome.  If you like comic books, this hotel is for you.  I love how Disney goes ALL OUT with their themed hotels.




Trek had to work on Thursday so he got off at noon & we drove the 3 1/2 hours to Disney.  By the time we checked into our hotel, got situated, & walked to Hollywood Studios Park, it was almost 5.  The park closes at 6 so we had one hour to do whatever we could.


We started at the Ratatouille Ride.  It was super cute.  It was a 4-D ride & I was impressed with how interactive it was.  My kids would LOVE that ride.





After Ratatouille, we made our way to Aladdin's magic carpets.





After the magic carpets, the park closed so we headed over to the magic kingdom park since it stayed open until 9.







I had to laugh at the castle.  It's under construction right now so it's pretty much covered in boxes which looks hilarious.  But kudos to them for painting the boxes to look like the actual castle.  My kids told us it looked like a minecraft castle when we showed them pictures.



We headed straight to "Discoveryland" (aka tomorrowland) & visited Buzz Lightyear's Blasters ride.


and Star Tours for a new Star Wars adventure.






After that we visited Space Mountain which instantly became my favorite ride in the park.  I've always loved Space Mountain, but the ride at Paris Disney is DIFFERENT.  It's Star Wars themed with imperial ships & laser chases from tie fighters.  You go upside down on a loop once, & then do an amazing CORKSCREW getting away from a tie fighter.  The whole thing is in the dark with the exception of "stars" & the star wars ships / lasers.  SO COOL.  We rode it 4 or 5 times in the 3 days we were there.  I just couldn't get enough of it.

After exploring Discoveryland, we headed over to MY favorite area which is Adventureland.  We started with the Indiana Jones ride which surprisingly had NO LINE.  Unfortunately, it was not the same ride that I was used to at Disneyland CA.  It was a roller coaster & it wasn't a very good one.  It was short, jerky, & kind of painful actually.  I'm glad we rode it once to say we experienced it, but I now understand why there was no line.  You just can't beat the adventure of Indiana Jones found at Disneyland CA.

Next we ventured over to Pirates.  I love Pirates SO SO SO much.  It's one of my favoritse






I forgot to mention that as we left the Hollywood Studios Park, Mickey was there to say goodbye to guests as the park closed.  With COVID rules in place, you really can't get up close to any characters, but they did a really great job of allowing you to still see & interact with them, just from a distance.  Mickey blew me a kiss as we left the park.  He's my favorite & I just love him.




After Pirates, it was getting close to 9pm so we started heading out of the park to go get dinner at 5 Guys at Downtown Disney before going back to the hotel.  I love that Mickey & Minnie were both at the exit waving goodbye to the guests.


We had a wonderful dinner of burgers, cajun fries, & milkshakes at 5 Guys, then headed back to the hotel.  The parks were beautiful against the sunset.



It was a perfect first day at the park.  We were only there for about 4 hours, but literally rode EVERYTHING we wanted.  There were no lines whatsoever so we practically walked onto every ride we visited.  We only had one hour in the Hollywood Studios Park so we decided it would be our first stop on Friday.


Our hotel & hotel room was so nice.  I loved all the Marvel themed items.  Disney always outdoes every other hotel in the world.  They truly know how to make your stay magical.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment