Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Happy 40th Birthday to Me!

Happy 40th Birthday to ME!

My birthday is July 6 & this year was a big one for me.  I've been dreading the big
4 - 0
for a while now, but now that it's here, I'm realizing it's not TOO bad.  I still feel young & full of life & that's what matters right?

My kids & husband spoiled me with a big birthday breakfast, dinner at my favorite restaurant, & pampering all day.


My friend Nancy sent me all sorts of fun surprises for my birthday.  She always spoils me rotten every year.


I got my hair done for my birthday.  That always makes me feel great.


One of my sweet little piano students stopped by & brought me flowers, macarons, & a painted picture of a music note because she knows I love music.  That little picture means the world to me because I know how much time she spent on it.  Sweet thing.  I just love my piano students.


The one thing I wanted to do for my birthday was paint for a few hours without interruption.  I'm taking watercolor classes right now to brush up on my art skills (I'm not great, but I really really enjoy drawing & painting).  I painted a door against a brick wall.


I try to pick out one thing I like best about my art to help me stay positive & avoid the negative things.  I was very excited about this pot.  The shading, shapes, & colors I was able to mix were spot on & I was THRILLED it actually looks like a real pot.


I also wanted to cross stitch for my birthday.  I told the kids I wanted peace & quiet while I cross stitched which resulted in all 3 boys in pajamas next to me reading.  Not really what I had in mind, but it was cute that they wanted to be near me all day for my special day.  They stayed quiet (for the most part) & I was able to do a lot of cross stitching.  Sweet boys. I love them so much.



Overall, it was a great day.  40 years & still loving life!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment