Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Utah Vacation 2021 - Family Time

Well, the time finally came to take our oldest to college.  I have been dreading this for a couple of years & it still came.  Nobody warned me that my momma heart was going to hurt leaving my sweet girl on her own to live her own life as an adult.  I feel like a piece of me is gone, but I am SO SO SO SO SO grateful for video phone calls.  I can still talk to her every morning/night if she wants to talk & it really helps with being so far away.

We went as a family to UT to visit my family & get Cadence settled at BYU.  It's been 2 years since we've taken the dreaded 12 hour flight, but the kids did great.




I got to sit next to Cadence & we watched movies the entire time.


When we arrived in UT, it was night time & since we encouraged the kids to stay up for the entire flight (even though it was the middle of the night in Germany), so we could go to bed as soon as we arrived since it was bedtime there.  Trek still woke up at the crack of dawn to do the temple to temple 5K in Provo, UT.  I'm impressed.




During the race he ran into one of our really really great friends from CA.  She is currently serving a mission in Provo, UT so it was fun for him to run into her.


He also amazingly ran into one of his best friends from High School (in ALABAMA) who was in Provo for a family reunion.


He loved it.  The temples were beautiful & he loved getting to run in such a beautiful place at such a beautiful time.


Later that afternoon (July 24th) we drove down to my old hometown of Spanish Fork for Fiesta Days.  We shopped at the cute little booths there & then took the kids to the carnival.





It was SO nice to be with my parents & my brother & his sweet family.  I miss them all so much & I love it when my kids can get some cousin time.



My mom's dog (Bella) was the treasure of the whole trip.  All my kids wanted to do was hold her & pet her & feed her & kiss her & hold her some more.  I think she got a little spoiled while we were there.


Our nights were always filled with laughter & fun.  I forgot how much I love playing games with my family.




During our week there, Trek & I also had the chance to do sealings in the Mount Timpanogoes Temple which was wonderful.  Our temple in Germany has been closed for almost 2 years due to COVID so it was wonderful to be able to experience the peace & love felt there for a couple of hours.



I also got to meet up with my BEST FRIENDS from High School.  We met up at Chili's & spent a few hours catching up & being together.  It was much needed & I love seeing them.


The hardest part of the week for me was taking Cadence to BYU to show her the ropes.  We found her apartment (she can't move in until a week before school starts), visited the Wilkinson Center, the library (where she's got a job & will be working during school), & the buildings where her classes will be located.  We also visited the school store which was fun.




I'm SO excited for her to be on this new adventure.  She's going to be amazing.
I'm going to miss her, but can't wait to see what she accomplishes here at BYU.


After our BYU tour, we visited the creamery next to her apartment for some delicious ice cream.


The rest of the days in UT, we got things Cadence needed (laptop, school supples, groceries for her apartment, insurance, phone, etc.) & spent time playing games & doing nails & crafts.  It was a lot of fun.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment