Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Potter Family Reunion 2021 - Safari West

The highlight of the entire family reunion for me was our day at Safari West.  I've always wanted to do an African Safari, but have never had the chance.  We went to this amazing park called Safari West in Northern California & we had a blast.

First we had a safari meal together which consisted of BBQ chicken & pork, salads, mac & cheese, safari beans (my favorite), veggies, cookies, & more.  It was DELICIOUS.



















Then we spent 3 hours in safari jeeps exploring 4000 acres of land full of thousands of African animals.  It was SO neat to see them all up close.  They would come right up to our jeep to see us too.  It was amazing.













There were so many of us that we took up 2 jeeps, so we kept getting in a water war every time one jeep would pass the other.  I think that was the highlight for the kids.  They were cracking up.



















After our safari tour, we walked around & looked at the animals in the zoo portion of the park.  We saw lots of beautiful birds, cheetahs, turtles, porcupines, & monkeys.







This was my favorite part of our vacation.  I loved it SO much.  I'm SO glad we got to do this together.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment