Friday, February 23, 2024

Cadence - Transfer #10 - 12/18/23

Сайн байцгаана уу!


How are you all this amazing week? It's been super fun and chaotic here! So transfers happened and I stayed in Jargalant! This is the first time in 5 transfers I've stayed in my area! I honestly hope I finish my mission here but we will see... 

My companion left and I gained two comps! First is my mission sister, Sister Narangerel (we were both trained by the same person) and I am also training our trio companion Sister Curtis. It's her second transfer in Mongolia. We are having a party here! We also still share an apartment with another companionship so there's five of us in one apartment. I don't have a bed and get half a closet but other than that we make it work pretty good!

We stopped teaching at the cute middle school and now we teach English at a big business college. It's crazy because most of the students we teach are 2 or 3 years older than me. They also hate learning English and are only in our class because they are forced to be there, which makes their classes hard to teach. It can sometimes be discouraging but that's okay. I am thankful for the experience to teach there 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. It is so draining though haha.

In terms of investigators, our sweet Munkh-Orgil is becoming more and more interested by the day. Although he's still in the countryside this week, he was willing to meet with us online (which used to never happen) and learned about the Spirit. He promised to pray and study the scriptures this week so he could feel it more. Our other investigator Bayrmaa has been a little ghosty lately but she was also traveling with her family so we're just letting them have some space for now. We lost the rest of our investigators so now we are on the hunt for new interested people! Our goal this transfer is to find and invite as many people and LA members to church as we can. With the elders, we are going to split up the whole ward list and divide and conquer!

Speaking of elders, Elder Tumennaimanjin is training a new Mongolian elder in the ward so we speak a lot more Mongolian this transfer. I honestly have never enjoyed speaking Mongolian as much as I do now. I just want to keep speaking it forever and I'm so happy to be in a ward with three Mongolian missionaries and a trainee because it pushes me to really communicate well and support everyone. I feel stretched and I am thankful for this opportunity. I'm also so thankful that I got to stay in this area because it's my favorite by far! Missionary work is just the best!

I wanted to end with a great verse I found this week in the Book of Mormon. I've been working on trying to reread and finish the Book of Mormon by the end of my mission and I've been highlighting all the verses that mention our baptismal covenant. In first Nephi 14, it says:

14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

I love the doctrine that teaches us that through our covenants with God, we can be armed with righteousness! We learn this in the temple endowment. If we follow the teachings of the gospel and Christ's example, we will have power to do all things. This is a promise from our Father in Heaven. I love how simple and hopeful the gospel is. I hope you have a great week and enjoy the Christmas season! Merry Christmas!!

Love,
Sister Potter











No comments:

Post a Comment