Friday, February 16, 2024

November Happenings

November truly flew by in an instant.  There was so much going on with school, work, church, & the holidays that we blinked & it was gone.  But we did have a lot of fun in November along the way.

We had a really fun date night with several couple from our neighborhood.  We played board games & ate a yummy dinner together.  It was a lot of fun.


Trek & I took the youth of our ward to the temple for a temple trip to do baptisms & that was a lot of fun.  We got some of the boys to come this time & that made the experience more diverse & fun.


Trek hiked up to the U (above the University of Utah).  He's always finding fun hikes & trails to run & bike on.  It makes him happy.  And don't mind that UGLY mustache on his face. . . eeeew!  "No Shave November" was in full effect for the month of November in his squadron.  Everybody had mustaches growing.




I made a delicious turkey for Trek's squadron Thanksgiving dinner.  We were going to San Francisco for Thanksgiving this year so I thought I might actually get out of making a turkey, but he caught me.  The cadets thought it was delicious & I'm happy I got to make their Thanksgiving special for them.



Trek's cadets did a fruit carving contest between the different branches of the military.  Trek was assigned & pineapple that had to represent the Air Force.  His pineapple jet was SO COOL.


Again with the No Shave November Stache!


I got my Disney Christmas tree up in our bedroom & it was beautiful.  It made me so happy every time I looked at it.


I also loved pulling out my nativity collection from all around the world.  We love buying nativities from every new place we visit.


After 3 years of hard work, I finally finished a needlepoint cross stitch picture for my friend Nancy for Christmas.  I was very proud of it.


And Trek found the perfect place to set up his nutcracker collection.



The Christmas season was in full swing even in November.  Utahns know how to decorate for Christmas & it was beautiful.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment