Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another fun weekend in San Francisco. . .


There really is nothing like driving into San Francisco on a Friday night. We are so blessed to live so close to such a famous & fun city. And even MORE BLESSED to have a sister that lives right in the middle of it all. My favorite part of driving in is going under the HUGE BAY BRIDGE & passing Giants Stadium. In my opinion, the Bay Bridge is just as majestic & beautiful as the Golden Gate Bridge.


We always drive straight to Tylee's work to pick her up on our way to her house. She doesn't have a car, so she loves it when we pick her up. She works right next to the
"Big Triangle Building"
on the edge of the skyline. I know I SHOULD know the name of it, but I don't. But it's really a cool building.


So we picked up Tylee & went to see her brand new apartment right next to Union Square. I love her new location. It's in the middle of EVERYTHING. We put our stuff in her studio apartment & went out for a stroll through Union Square. If you ever visit San Francisco, THAT is the place to go if you're a shopaholic like me. We walked to the mall (the whole square is like an outdoor "mall," but they have an actual mall too). This is the view from the middle floor of the mall looking up.


Yes, that's right.
TWELVE FLOORS OF SHOPPING GOODNESS!
Now THAT is what I call a MALL.

We ate dinner at the best eatery EVER. All this awesome food & what do we get? Charley's Sandwiches. The one FAST FOOD joint they had. I hadn't eaten a Charley's sub since we left Germany over a year ago. It tasted SO good. I missed it. After subs, we ate gelato at the Italian Gelato shop. (still not as good as the real thing, but pretty good nonetheless).

Then we went home & watched movies at Tylee's house until we all fell asleep. Saturday morning Trek & I woke up & had a "morning date" in the city. We walked down to a little crepery called "Honey Honey." It was FABULOUS. I had a
NUTELLA, BANANA, WALNUT CREPE
& I was in heaven. It reminded me of the festivals in Germany. (Oh how I miss Germany.)
Trek had a NUTELLA STRAWEBERRY CREPE & it was equally delicious. Thank you Tylee for such a fun "date" idea.



After breakfast, we picked up the kids & we headed out to the
Golden Gate Bridge.
The weather wasn't cooperating, so it was a bit foggy. . . but it was still a BLAST. We drove to the Sausalito side where there is a parking lot, & took some great pictures with the bridge & the San Francisco skyline behind us. It was a bit cold, but we loved it.





I always laugh because no matter where we go, strangers are CONSTANTLY asking to take pictures with our 5 little blonde kids. Nobody ever believes me when I tell that to them, so this time I took pictures of
TWO of the FIVE
people that asked to pose with my cutie pies. I guess I can take it as a compliment. My kids are definitely one of a kind.



After taking a TON of pictures, we walked across half the bridge. It was crazy cold & the wind was blowing so hard you could feel the bridge sway a little bit, but we had fun. Tylee was so funny. She had surgery on Friday to remove a mark on her forehead so she had a little bandaid in the middle of her head the whole time. We called it her
"DORKDOT."
We love her. She was a good sport with all our teasing. My kids love their Auntie Tylee.





We took a lot more pictures next to one of the famous orange pillars. At this point the kids were FREEZING & DONE. But they were good enough to pose for a few more pics for mommy.





Trek & I love walking bridges together. Our first bridge was the Brooklyn Bridge in New York, then we walked across the famous bridge in Venice, Italy. Now we can add the Golden Gate Bridge to our list. I have so much fun with my sweetheart.




After driving, then walking the bridge, we headed into Sausalito for some lunch at a Taco Bell. We drove around & crossed the biggest (& scariest) bridge EVER from Richmond to Oakland. (I don't plan on driving across that thing again anytime soon!)

We found a cute little park under the freeway in Oakland. We wanted the kids to play for a bit before we headed to the temple, & found this little hole-in-the-wall park with 2 swings. Well, once we got into it, we realized that it was a HUGE park & that part of it was hidden. Most people wouldn't have given it a second glance, but I'm sure glad we did. It was a FUN PARK. We will definitely be going back soon.





After playing at the park we headed to the Oakland Temple for the rest of the evening. Trek & I volunteered to babysit for our ward's kids for ward temple day. We didn't realize we would be watching 52 CHILDREN. It was INSANE. Tylee was such a good sport to help us all out. We had 2 other couples there helping us as well. Yes, it was stressful, but SEVERAL GOOD families got to go to the temple who haven't been in a very long time. We were happy to be of service to them.

Then we all hopped in the car & headed back on our 2 hour trek home to Monterey. It was a FABULOUS WEEKEND.

No comments:

Post a Comment