Thursday, February 13, 2020

January Fun

January just flew by this year as every month seems to do.  Here are some highlights from January 2020.

I got my hair done. . . cut & coloured for the first time in forever.
I love it.  It's getting long enough for me to curl with a curling iron which is super fun.  It's been way too long since I've had long hair.



My friends & I made tamales from scratch.  It only took
FOREVER,
but they were SO delicious.


We officially got some snow here in Southern Germany.  Not much, but the kids were sure excited about it.



I love my piano students.  My 5 year old student showed up to lessons with a massive Hershey's bar the other day.
"I BOUGHT THIS FOR YOU!"
His mom said he wouldn't leave the store unless he could by THAT candy bar for Mrs. Potter.
It made my heart melt.



The 2nd term (1st semester) officially ended in school & for the first time in the history of the Potter family, ALL SIX KIDS got straight A's this semester.  My kids get good grades, but there's always one or two who have a B somewhere because let's face it, school is HARD.  But amazingly, this semester all six of them wound up with a 4.0 (even in AP classes).  Taya's school is the only one that does an assembly for it to recognize straight A's, but to all six of my kiddos. . . 
YOU ROCK.



Randomly enough, we also got hit by a hurricane this month.  Hurrican Sabine hit Germany HARD last weekend. . . so hard that they closed down the entire base & schools.  We baracaded ourselves in our house with the metal rolladens down to withstand the winds, rain, & hail that was hitting us for 12 hours straight.  We woke up to find our trampoline in our neighbor's yard.

We ended up having to take it apart to get it back to our yard.  Luckily, no damage was done.




And I managed to throw a Valentine party for the kids in our squadron.  It was simple & cute with just the kids not in school, but it turned out really nice.  We had coloring, making valentine bags, & exchanging valentine sweets.  We had lots of yummy treats & great fun.




It's been an exciting month.  Now on to the February birthday bonanza at the Potter house.
Lot's of excitement to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment