Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Kylie's Stocking

Ever since I was a little little girl, I remember my mom cross-stitching stockings for our family.  She spent hours every night of the year hand stitching over & over & over again.  Her stockings were beautiful.  Once she finished the cross-stitch pattern, she would cut the stocking out, add fabric along the outside, & sew fabric to the back to make the stockings BEAUTIFUL (& quite huge!).  She made stockings for my grandparents, her brothers & their wives & children, for my brother & I, and then for Trek, Justin's wife, my nieces & nephews, & for all of my kids.  She made well over 30 (maybe even 40 in her lifetime) & they are all one of a kind.  By the time Canyon came around, her eyes weren't as good as they used to be & she was unable to do her favorite hobby anymore.  She asked me if I would finish Canyon's stocking for her & I did.  It hangs beautifully on our wall every Christmas & I love that I got to finish it for her.  I have one more little niece that was born into the family after Canyon (she's almost 8 now) & she still didn't have a homemade stocking of her own, so my mom asked me to cross-stitch one for her.

It took me over 2 years to complete, but I'm happy to say that it is done.  It was the hardest cross-stitch pattern I've ever done in my life, but it was beautiful.  I mailed it to my mom & she is cutting it out & adding beautiful Christmas fabric to it to make a nice, big, beautiful stocking for Kylie this year.  I'm SO happy Kylie will have her own stocking after all these years.  And I love that I got to complete another wonderful project with my sweet mom.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment