Monday, July 5, 2021

Eis & Walkenried Monestary

The last day we spent in the Harz mountains, Trek woke up early again & went running with some members of the other families we were with.






I stayed back at our airbnb & packed up to go home.  But I had to get some pictures of our place first.  I love that the house was built in the 1800's & the barn was built in the early 1700's.  This barn is older than the United States of America.  How crazy is that?





On our way out, we stopped by a little eis shop to get some ice cream for the road.





I kept seeing signs for the Walkenried Monestary every time we drove into town so I begged to stop because I KNEW it would be amazing architecturally.  I was not wrong.  It was GORGEOUS.


















 It was a nice little stop before we hit the road again for the long drive home.  I love seeing these amazing old buildings & imagining how amazing they were once upon a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment