Monday, July 5, 2021

Seminary Graduation 2021

The day after high school graduation, we had Seminary Graduation.

Seminary is a religious class that members of our church take during 9th-12th grade.  The kids wake up early in the morning & attend an hour long class from 6:30-7:30 every weekday for 4 years studying scripture & teachings of Christ.  It's kind of a big deal in our church & it requires a TON of dedication.  I'm SO proud of the 112 students we had in our stake that were part of our seminary program this year.  We had 28 graduating seniors as well who earned their 4 year seminary diplomas.

Since I'm over all of Seminary for our region, I got to plan & put on seminary graduation.  The theme I chose was "Go & Do Good!"  I really wanted to encourage these kids to go out into the world & be the good in the world.


I baked 150 world shaped sugar cookies to hand out after graduation. . . 


And then spent hours printing completion diplomas & certificates for all our students as well as our graduates.


I found these adorable world shaped necklaces & tie pins to go along with my theme to give our graduates.


And all our seniors received this beautiful picture of Jesus Christ to take with them on their new adventures.


I also found some yummy treats for our wonderful seminary teachers who have spent hours planning, preparing, & presenting seminary lessons this year.  They are the true heroes of the seminary program.







I'm SO proud of Cadence.  She was the only student in the entire region to graduate 4 years of seminary with 100% attendance.  She is going to do great things as she "goes & does good!"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment