Thursday, July 15, 2021

Sommerrodelbahn Keltenblitz

After we finished at the salt mine, we saw a little sign that said "rodelbahn 1 meter."

We LOVE rodelbahns so we decided to add the stop to our day & drove until we found some chair lifts. This rodelbahn was a little pricier than the ones we usually do, but since it was in the alps, we decided to do it. We got in these rickety old chair lifts that weren't even securely closed (we could fall out EASILY) & started up the mountain.

I'm not scared of heights, but Trek is! As we started going up I realized it was pretty high & steep, but not terrible. But let me tell you, it just kept going. There didn't seem to be an end. I looked back at Trek in the chair behind mine & he was shaking. I kept yelling, "We're almost at the top!" We finally reached the threshold only to realize we were only HALFWAY UP THE MOUNTAIN!!! Even I was shaking by the time we actually reached the very tip top of that mountain (in the alps) & I don't get scared easily. All the kids were near tears which was kind of funny & scary at the same time.

The rodelbahn was from the topmost tip of the mountain peak to the bottom of the mountain. IT WAS AMAZING. BEST RODELBAHN EVER!!! There were steep drops over cliffsides, there were fast curves & tilts. It was a TOTAL ADVENTURE & I'm SO glad we were brave enough to do it.






























 

No comments:

Post a Comment