Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Bernkastel-Kues & Trier Christmas Markets

The weekend after Thanksgiving, we went to 2 more Christmas Markets.  Having them cancelled in 2020 was really hard on everyone in Germany.  Everybody was flocking to them this year because we missed them so much.  They truly make Christmas magical.

Bernkastel-Kues is one of my favorites.  I love the town itself.  It was building in the 1500's & the buildings are absolutely amazing.  In fact, they take the bank & add numbers to the windows to make a giant advent calendar.  It's really really cool.








The Christmas market was spread out all over the village.  We kept walking around town & we'd run into more amazing food & shops, & adorable decorations.









After Bernkastel-Kues, we hopped in the car & drove to Trier.  I had already gone with friends, but my family loves Trier just as much as I do.  It was great to see it at night.  That's when the real magic happens with all the twinkle lights.




We even ran into Saint Nikolaus.











I love Christmas Markets so much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment