Monday, January 17, 2022

November 2021 Happenings


I'm SO far behind on my blog again.  Sorry guys.  The holidays always get way too busy.  But here I am catching up so you can know all the fun things we've been up to the last two months.

My watercolor class is going well.  I don't get to paint nearly as often as I'd like to, but when I do, it makes me happy.  I painted a little set of messy fall leaves & wrote a note on the back for Cadence.  I mailed it with some of her favorite German goodies mid-November to get her through midterms.


Taya had a really fun youth group activity where all the girls wore wigs like bob ross & painted a pretty landscape picture.  Taya had a BLAST with that.



An exciting thing happened to Trek in November. . .
He put on the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the USAF.
That is a HUGE accomplishment for him.  We are very proud of him.  We did a small promotion ceremony in his office & fed his co-workers some yummy BBQ & cake to celebrate.  It was pretty low key, but we had a good time.


One of the best date night's we've had here in Germany was in our own little village here in Hütschenhausen.  It's a small ma & pa restaurant called "Judy's Diner."  It's SUPER cute & had amazing burgers.  Trek got this amazing burger with cheese, bacon, syrup, peanut butter, jam, raspberries, & more on it.  It sounds disgusting, but it was AMAZING.



After dinner we did some "Kegeling" (German bowling).  It's very similar to American bowling, but the ball fits in the palm of your hand (no holes), the lane is concave so the ball rolls back & forth as it goes down the lane.  And the pins are hanging from strings.  They are funny when you knock them down & they get pulled back up by the strings.  We ended up having a blast.  We will definitely go there again for more dates.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment