Thursday, January 20, 2022

Luxembourg City Christmas Market

I snuck away while the kids were at school (again) with some friends & drove to Luxembourg City for their Christmas market.  (I absolutely love that I can drive to an entirely different country & back & still be home in time to get my kids off the bus.)

It was beautiful.  It was sectioned off into 10 different sections of things.  Some sections were rides, others were food booths, & some were shops.  Everything was decorated beautifully & I loved the twinkle lights.


But the FOOD was my favorite part of this one.  I got raclette from Switzerland & it's my new favorite Christmas Market food.  Basically it's a bunch of fried or boiled potatoes on a plate. . . then they heat up a broiler & put a wheel of raclette cheese under it until it bubbles & gets melty.  Then they literally scrape off the top layer of melty cheese onto the potatoes.  HEAVEN.


Oh & the fresh churros were to DIE for.




I absolutely love the beauty & architecture of Europe.  I'll never get enough of the cathedrals, stained glass windows, old doors, balconies, & gorgeous art.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment