Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving

Since we took a trip to Normandy earlier in November, we decided to relax & not do anything for Thanksgiving.  We were SO relaxed that we didn't even make Thanksgiving dinner.  We went to the BX & ate Taco Bell, Popeyes, & Spuds.  No work, no mess, no clean up.  It was perfect.



After "dinner" we went home & decorated the Christmas tree.  It's always the kids' favorite Thanksgiving activity.  We couldn't wait to get "Christmas" up at our house.




This year, they wanted me to put the angel on the top of the tree.  I've never done it before & I'll probably never do it again.  I realized that I don't like ladders.  I thought I was going to die.  I'm amazed I got it up there without falling.



The kids were SO sweet & decided to paint with me Thanksgiving night.  I pulled out a bunch of supplies & we did a watercolor tutorial together.  I had artist paints, but they used crayola watercolors.  It's amazing how much of a different good supplies makes.  They soon got frustrated with their paints & started using mine.  But we had a blast just being creative & doing it together.










It really was a beautiful Thanksgiving Day.  I am so thankful for my beautiful family & for all the memories we make together.  They are the most important thing in the world to me & I love them more than anything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment