Monday, July 11, 2011

Spanish Fork Splash Pad


When the temperature climbs to 97 degrees, it's completely OBVIOUS what needs to happen: It's time to go to the
SPLASH PAD

The splash pad is new in Spanish Fork. I had never been there before, but my sister-in-law takes my little nephew there all the time. We were DYING from heat stroke so we decided it was a GREAT idea.


So I have 5 kids, each with their own unique personalities. . .

Craiger (my 4 month old) slept the entire time with his Mimi in the shade.

Bladen (my 2 year old) is still NEW to the whole water/swimming thing. He is interested in it & WANTS to touch it, but he doesn't want IT to touch HIM! We were laughing so hard at how he'd get mad at the water when it hit him in the face. He's hilarious.



And then there's Taya (my 3 year old). She's my spitfire. I wish I could bottle some of her energy & keep it for myself. She is the biggest scaredy cat I've ever seen. She won't go anywhere NEAR the water unless it was less than 5 inches high & she could stand a few feet from it. Looks like she will be in some swim classes this summer to break this fear. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.



Lorien (age 6) is my fearless child. NOTHING scares her. She's one that would walk off the edge of the pool whether she can swim or not. For example, she did something she shouldn't have because a friend did it & I asked her
"If Jane jumped off a bridge, would you too?"
This was her response:
"Is it fun?"
And that's Lolo in a nutshell.




And last, but not least, is my sweetheart Cadence (age 8). Cadence WANTS to not be scared, but deep down, she knows she's scared. It drives her nuts that Lorien does everything with NO FEAR & she so badly wants to be like that. But she needs to realize that that's NOT Cadence. She is so cute & so sweet. I think I enjoyed watching her in the water the most. She was timid, but brave all at once. She's really come a long way.



But I'll tell you what. . . the bravest one of all was Cari. She was out there running through the water with Korbyn even though she was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT. Now THAT is a SUPERWOMAN!!!


What a FUN way to spend the afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. hi my name is Afrika yamani erich Timothy i really want to join Krazy Kingdom kids so i can play with them so i can become part of their best friends ♾️

    ReplyDelete