Monday, September 3, 2012

Digging Up Dinosaurs

So I'm a lame mom.  

Bladen got a really cool dinosaur digging set for his birthday 
BACK IN APRIL
from my brother, his wife, & their kids.  I kept telling myself to save it for a day when I wasn't quite so busy, but I'm realizing that there is no such thing as a "not busy day."
SO, I decided to be a decent mom again & I set aside some time to break open the dino pack.

Bladen was SO excited, especially when he saw the goggles & the hammer.  What kid doesn't like a good hammer to hammer things with?  There was also a big block of clay, but he wasn't sure what that was for.



I showed him how to use the pick & hammer to break apart the clay.  Once he realized he was allowed to break something, he went all out.  He was CRUSHING that thing.  He loved every second of it.



He was surprised when he found some dinosaur bones inside the clay.  Once he realized something was inside, he pounded harder & harder & harder to see what it was.


The set was really fun.  It wasn't too terribly hard to break apart the clay block, & the "bones" were nice & sturdy so they could withstand the beating of a 3 year old boy & his hammer.


He crushed the block to powder & collected all his dinosaur bones.  Next we took them in the house & washed them off really well.



He was SO EXCITED when Mommy showed him how to put the dinosaur together.  I was impressed.  It was a darling little T-Rex sculpture.  He LOVED it.



He loves to march it around making "BOOM" sounds every step his dinosaur takes.  Then he'll growl his big dinosaur growl.  I love my little dino man.




Thank you Justin, Cari, Korbyn, & Brinley for a FANTASTIC birthday gift.  Bladen loved every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment