Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Montgomery Zoo

For Labor Day, we decided to take a family trip to the Montgomery Zoo.  We only had 5 of the kiddos because Cadence wanted to go Homecoming dress shopping with her friends (we're finally hitting the "friends are important" phase with her which is great because she has been anti-social for so many years.).  We missed her, but had a blast with the other kiddos.

It was actually cheaper to buy a family year pass than to buy a one day pass for each person so YAY for several more zoo trips in our future.


 There were lots of fun animals to see at the zoo.



Craiger loves Lemurs so he was pretty excited to see tons of them.


Canyon especially loved the alligators.


And Bladen is my snake boy.



Taya has always loved the big cats.  She loved the lions, tiger, panthers, cheetahs, & lynx.



The entire day we had this beautiful peacock following us around.  He literally followed us where ever we went.




With our year pass we got an unlimited train ride pass which we'll use over & over again.  My kids love riding trains.  It was a cute little train ride that got us out of the hot sun for a bit.



But the highlight of the whole trip was the parakeet experience.  This place was my worst nightmare, but the kids LOVED it.  I don't know. . . there's something about loose birds & flapping wings around my head that scares me to death.  I do NOT like being around loose birds.

But, being a good mom, I went in anyway.  I bought some bird feed so the kids could let the birds land on them while I screamed silently in the background.




They were loving it.  Taya & Lorien are just like Snow White.  The birds loved them.



I don't know what it was about Trek, but the birds thought Trek was food.  They kept swarming him & kept pecking at him.  It was HILARIOUS.







At one point he had about 4 birds on his neck & they were pecking at his neck hairs, pulling them out.  Trek started yelling & running & they FOLLOWED him.  He must smell like food or something.  It was SO FUNNY.











It was a great day.  I'm glad we got a year pass so we can come back whenever we want.  The kids loved it & can't wait to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment