Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Bug's Life

My goodness.  They said we'd have bugs here in the south, but boy was I unprepared for what that really meant.

So far we've had 2 run-ins with wasp nests, Trek battled a poison spitting spider, we had a tarantula underneath our bed, we've avoided a black white & red striped catapillar & a spiky orange & black catapillar, & let's not even get started with the "death by mosquito" situation happening here right now.

There are cicadas everywhere.  If you've never seen a cicada before, just think GIANT MUTANT FLY.  They are the size of my hand. . . no joke.  They are completely harmless, but are SUPER loud & when you see them, they're just terrifying.  I have to keep reminding myself they are harmless.

You can see the camouflaged cidada next to
Trek's boot.  Look at the size of that wingspan.

The mosquitos here are no joke.  Usually I'm the only one that swells up with mosquito bites, but my kids are DYING here.  One bite & they swell up like nothing else.  Craiger actually almost got sent home from school & to the ER for this lovely bite.  Luckily it went away just in time.




My house is full of creepy crawlies.  We have carpenter ants & fire ants, wasps, cockroaches, flys, cicadas (ALL IN OUR HOUSE!).  I'm DYING.  If I see another giant spider I'm burning the house to the ground!


Then last night I had a heart attack when a GECKO jumped down from a wall in my bathroom.  I've been seeing so many big spiders in there lately, that I thought it was a giant spider & I about died.  It ended up being a super cute translucent gecko, probably a baby or a kid.  The kids LOVED it.  We let him loose in our bushes afterward.  Geckos are cute, but they still don't belong in my house.  Aaaaah!

Sweet Home Alabama!!!  ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment