Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Christmas Goodies

One of my favorite holiday traditions is baking.  Both my Grandma Cherry & my mom always made special treats around Christmas time.  I've carried on this tradition since the year I got married.  It's great because I always get my kids involved as well & I know they will carry on the tradition as they become adults.  We enjoy baking together.

The boys' favorite treats are sugar cookies.  My Grandma Cherry had the best sugar cookie recipe in the world & they are always the most asked for treat every Christmas.  The kids love to decorate them.









This year, we managed to make:
Sugar Cookies
Gingerbread Cookies
Chocolate Mint Cookies
Peanut Butter Balls
Buckeyes with & without Chocolate
Divinity
Peanut Butter Toffee Fudge
Mint Fudge
Chex Muddy Buddies
Caramel Marshmallows
Homemade Soft Caramels

It took 10 days & all hands working, but it was delicious.  We were able to put together 50 plates of goodies to take to teachers, friends, neighbors, co-workers, piano students, & more.  We also ate more than we'd like to admit.





It was a VERY delicious Christmas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment