Monday, September 21, 2009

Update on Bladen. . .


Just as a heads up to everyone. At Bladen's last check-up, the doctor noticed that his head size went from the 34th percentile to the 75th percentile in just 2 months. Babies heads are not supposed to grow that big that fast. So they have recommended that Bladen get an MRI to make sure it's not anything serious that is life-threatening. We take him in on October 1st for his pre-MRI visit where they will tell us everything they plan to do to him the day of the MRI. Then on the 6th of October, we'll take him to the hospital (Trier Mutterhaus) at 8:00 am where they will start him on an IV. Shortly after that, they will have to sedate him so that they can get an accurate screening of his brain. Once he comes out of sedation, I will stay in the hospital with him overnight while they check on him to make sure he doesn't have any bad reactions to the sedation medication. Hopefully by the next day we'll know a little more about his brain & head as well. There's a number of things that he could have, but we're trying our hardest not to dwell too much on that right now. I don't want to worry myself sick when it could just be a big head. It's just scary to have to deal with the situation in general. There can be so many complications with sedating a baby that young & I've already got myself all worried about that, I don't want to think about anything else right now. But we will keep you all posted on the outcome.

We do ask for all those of you who are willing if you will join us in a family fast next Sunday for him. I'm sure he'll be okay, but a little fasting & prayer can't hurt right? And if you want to pray for me too, I would appreciate that too. It's a little nerve racking thinking my precious baby boy could be in any trouble right now. I could use a little comfort myself. :-)

But like I said, it's probably just a big head with a big ole genius brain!! Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your little guy! Its downright scary at any age to have your child have to deal with that. We'll keep him in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete