Thursday, May 7, 2015

Vegetable Garden

So over Spring Break one of our bucket list items was plant a vegetable garden.  We bought several starter plants & transplanted them into bigger pots.  The kids were thrilled to be growing something new.




Well, the plants got so big that they couldn't be in the pots anymore.  I begged Trek to build me a garden box.  And because I married the best guy EVER, he built me TWO.  They are my mother's day gift this year & I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them.



They are built out of super sturdy wood & then he put barriers on the bottom so that pests & weeds can't get through.  Then we added 2 tons of soil to the boxes.  He built them 2 feet tall so that I wouldn't have to bend over to do my garden.  They are right there at my waist's length.  But it did require a TON of soil.


Once the soil was in, I was able to transplant all my growing veggies into their new home.  They are already growing like crazy.

The rectangle box is my salsa box.  It has:
4 cherry tomatoes, 2 large tomatoes, 10 white onions, 4 purple onions, 3 jalapeƱos, 3 banana peppers, chives, 2 cilantro plants, basil, & 3 cantaloupes.


My L shaped box is my salad box.  He has:
16 different lettuces (spinach, romaine, butter leaf, leafy), 4 carrots, tons of sugar snap peas & regular pea pods, 


4 broccoli plants, 2 green peppers plants, & 3 cucumber plants.


Everything is growing beautifully right now.  I even have flowers/fruits on my tomatoes, green peppers, & jalapeƱo bushes.



I'm so excited to see how it all turns out.  Thank you to my amazing husband who is SO talented & can build anything.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I'm not so sure about the cantaloupe in salsa, though.

    ReplyDelete