Monday, May 4, 2020

Quarantine Egg Hunt Fun

For Easter, our church congregation came up with an awesome way to still have a group Easter Egg hunt, but while still adhereing to the "social distancing" rules in place here in Germany.  Each family hid 1-5 eggs somewhere near their homes in the many forests & trails that surround each of our villages.  We then geo-cached the locations of our eggs & put all the locations into a master egg hunt spreadsheet.  We spent the entire week before Easter searching for each others' eggs.  I loved it so much, that I set up a Squadron level egg hunt for Trek's squadron as well.  Everyone loved it.

Being the "Potter Family," it was only natural that we decorated our eggs as Harry Potter characters.  We painted 6 eggs & hid them in the beautiful forests & farmlands behind our house.  I love where we live.  The beauty never ceases to amaze me.  It's gorgeous here right now.







We gave each of our eggs a good home for a week so others could find them.  Harry was in the furthest forest behind our house.  He was guarding our favorite tree.



Ron took over the bee farm just behind our house.  He watched over the hives.


Voldemort was in our favorite play area of the forest.  There is a fort in the woods that my kids love to play in.  He guarded our fort & scared away any intruders.


Hermione enjoyed the sunshine next to the rapeseed flower farm.


Dumbledore hid in a stump near the chicken coop.


And Snape, Snape, Severus Snape guarded our back yard by hanging out on our fence.  This was my way of making people walk past my house in hopes of having SOME sort of adult conversation (with 6 feet social distance) during all this.  I am SO lonely & missing other adults right now.  It worked brilliantly.  I could keep watch out my back windows & when someone from the squadron or from church stopped by to take a picture of Snape, I'd rush outside to say a quick hello from afar.


In turn, I took the kids out all week long in search of our friends' eggs.  It was SO MUCH FUN.  We went to yards, forests, ponds, treehuts, & everywhere you could imagine.  The kids had a blast.






Sometimes we never found the eggs, but we sure had a blast looking.  These forests here are SO fun.  Even though we had to remove a bazillion ticks everytime we wandered them, we loved every minute of the woods.


Trek took the kids one of the days while I stayed home & got some work done.  The kids loved having some time with DAD searching for more eggs.





I'm SO glad we found a way to have fun while still in quarantine.  We all needed some fresh air, & what a FUN FUN FUN time looking for Easter eggs this way.  This may be a new tradition for us.  We loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment