Saturday, August 15, 2020

15 Miles of Pure Awesomeness

Trek's been getting me to get out on my bike more & more each week.  We took an insane 15 mile bike ride that just about killed me!  

Everytime we look out our windows we see a beautiful hill in front of our house with windmills on top.  There is a beautiful church nestled on the very tip top of that hill.  I keep telling Trek I want to go up there & find that church so he got it in his head that I mean "bike" up there.  (I actually meant, DRIVE).  But I was a good sport & got on my bike & we rode FOR-EV-ER!  The majority of the bike ride was straight up that giant hill (it felt like a mountain) for miles.  Just when I was getting discouraged with myself & my abilities to withstand this huge challenge, we reached the top & guess what?

WE FOUND THAT BEAUTIFUL CHURCH!!

It's in a little village called Martinshöhe on the top of the hill right by the French border.  The views from that mountaintop were incredible.






See????  Isn't it the most adorable little church ever?  From our house all you can see is the steeple & I love it.  It just peeps up over the trees & is so adorable.  Seeing the full church in person was spectacular.  It was SO beautiful.






Look at the iron work on these doors!






We spent a while there mostly so I could catch my breath.  I was beyond exhausted.  I love riding bikes, but going straight up a mountain isn't my idea of fun.  However, the 4 mile ride DOWN that mountain was a BLAST!


Once we were down the mountain & headed back home, we stopped off in Hauptstuhl & found the most adorable little restaurant there.  We decided to ride our bikes back home, & drive back to the restaurant for dinner to celebrate a job well done (& 1,300 calories burned).




The restaurant was adorable.  It was built in 1880 & has stayed in the same family since that time.  The food was delicious (as German food always is).  And I had a hot date.  




I love this man of mine that helps me push myself to do hard things.  This was definitely a day to be proud of.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment