Monday, November 6, 2023

Cadence - Gedes bol 2/10 - October 10, 2023

 Сайн байцгаана уу! This week was an interesting adventure for sure. For starters, we had 65 people show up to mutual so that was pretty awesome! We kind of spent too much time setting up and preparing for it so I'm glad something good came out of it because through that activity we gained 2 new investigators and 2 more potentially interested youth. We turned the chapel into a giant blanket/pillow fort and watched elementals with the kids and ate lots of snacks. The youth really enjoyed it and it got a lot of people to be active and participate! 


This week, I also tried some new food! Some ward members made us boiled sheep organs the night of fast Sunday...let's just say my hunger after fasting left really quickly after that haha. The organs consisted of stomach (filled with boiled blood and fat), stomach skin, lungs, heart, liver, kidneys, and intestines. The heart and liver were definitely the easiest things to get down. While eating, I literally started crying because it was so scary to look at but in all actuality, it was a lot less nasty than I thought it would be. So I was thankful that the Lord answered my prayers and helped me eat it all. On top of that, we ate tons of buuz this week...which was also not my favorite thing ever. But at one member's house, they fed us pumpkin soup, pizza, and chocolate cake with ice-cream on top! It was like a member visit in America! That visit literally made my day and powered me through the rest of the week!

English classes have been growing big as ever. In my beginner class, we have around 20-25 people on average. Piano classes are also growing a lot. I had 6 students at the last lesson between the ages of 10 and 65. It is sometimes really hard to teach such a wide age group but we have fun together! I also love teaching my english class here because they are always so excited to try and speak even if they say everything so wrong. It's fun to talk to them! Also, two of my students have picked up learning magic tricks so they show me a new one after class every day. This week, Mongolia also celebrated teacher's day and I was flooded with texts from all of my amazing students across mongolia. I've been so blessed to teach so many awesome people!

In terms of investigators, we have been progressing with a lot of people. When I first got here, I met one investigator who had been taking lessons for a year but never got baptized. My companion told me she couldn't be baptized because she has a tumor in her leg so she can't move on her own. When we asked her, she said people told her she couldn't be baptized so she gave up trying. Then, with the announcement of the temple in Mongolia, I just knew we had to baptize her because she wanted to go to the temple so badly. So after talking with my Mission President, we got special permission to help her with the baptism and she will be able to do it very easily. It hurts to think she could have done this a year ago but I am thankful for her patience with us and for her willingness to now accept the invitation to be baptized. 

We also met with a new investigator this week who sought out the church on Facebook. He was so kind and simply a sweet old man. He seemed skeptical about somethings we taught him but listened to us intently. Then we invited him to pray and explained how to do it. Later that day, he called us and asked us to remind him how to end a prayer. It was the cutest call ever. I know that the Lord has truly prepared people who are ready and willing to learn the gospel. When they truly believe, they will act on their faith. I want to be like them and act in Faith at all times. I want to follow their examples and seek truth like they do.

This week, I was reading in Jacob and came across this amazing scripture about prophets. Jacob 4:6 teaches:

6 Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.

I love this scripture because it reminds us that the scriptures are not the only things we must study to grow our faith. Just like studying the scriptures, studying the words of the Prophet is so important. We have a current true and living prophet on the Earth today to help us. I am thankful to have a living prophet who leads and guides us. His words help us. We just recently had general conference so I invite all of you to go back and study all the things that were taught two weeks ago. Really try to apply them in your life. Those words have helped me in my missionary work and efforts. Thank you all for reading my emails and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Potter

Also we went and watched the sun rise this morning and it was so beautiful!











No comments:

Post a Comment